Saturday, September 29, 2007

So what is I haven’t seen them? I’m still going to bitch.

I love this man. He is horrible and nasty, but I can’t help but love him. He complains and whines about so much, but he says it in such a funny, unique way that it makes you see it from his point of view. You can tell he knows exactly what he is doing and knows exactly what audience he wants to reach. In the blog I choose, he is complaining about movies that he thinks are horrible, even though he has never seen them. I thought this was a fitting article to investigate, seeing as we are working on movie reviews right now too.

Some of the movies he talks about are You’ve Got Mail, Step Mom, Ever After, and Titanic. The first line (centered, in huge text) says, “I’m right, go to hell.” This pretty much sums up his attitude for the whole article. He is making assumptions and speculations that have no basis, and it doesn’t matter if you disagree, because he is right, don’t even try to argue. He swears all of the movies suck, even though he’s never seen them.

The basic premise of this whole site is a man trying to write about things that will rile people up, but this review is also being satirical. He is playing upon the fact that people do this all the time, judging a movie based on its trailer, or even it’s title, and deciding they hate it without even giving it a chance. I know I’ve done this. I’m sure a lot of people have.

No comments: