Sunday, September 16, 2007

iWorld..Coming Soon!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/itunes_to_sell_your_home_videos
Apple recently unveiled there new technologically revolution with the addition of ‘iHomeMovies’ this week. This new technology will instantly take the videos you record and store them on iTunes, just sitting there until you are ready to buy the digital form back for a small one time fee of 1.99$. However, for the same price, your precious home videos are available to everyone in the iTunes network. The Onion takes this story and reveals it for what it really is- a ridiculous way to squeeze more money out of the consumers pocket. If you think like me, you already are set on never giving this a second thought; however, someone out there is going to use this and it probably will be a success. The Onion uses an arbitrary quote to show the obvious faults with this system. Two such quotes are:
-"I wanted to show my boyfriend a video I made for his birthday of me dancing in my underwear to our favorite song," Jessica Dupree of Manchester, NH said. "But his credit card was declined. I guess he'll just have to get it from someone at work."
-Eliza Quintana of Montclair, NJ, went online to purchase her daughter's fourth birthday party to find that it had reached No. 5 on the top video downloads.
Said Quintana: "I guess I'm not the only one who thinks she's the most adorable little girl in the world!"
The Onion goes to prove that not only are you getting ripped off for having to pay for something you composed, it also opens the door for the sick pedophiles that are just waiting for your daughters pool party to show up.

No comments: