Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mad Maddox

I read the article titled “Happiness? Bah!” which was actually quite tame compared to some of the others I perused. Honestly I am a little confused after reading this article. The point he was trying to make was that people aren’t really happy. They just “walk around in circles” thinking they are happy. For some reason Old Navy and Pepsi in particular really irritate him. He also says he can’t wait to become a hermit so he won’t have to deal with people. But that poses the question then why have a blog? He obviously really enjoys people despite his insistence that he doesn’t. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t be discussing this very article with thousands of people that visit his website. In addition he openly states how much hate mail he gets and if he truly hated people as he claims, he definitely wouldn’t want to receive mail from them.

His first line reads “I can’t wait until I become a hermit.” I don’t understand why he’s waiting at all. If he hates people so much, what is keeping him from becoming the recluse he so desires to be. Overall he seems to be hypocritical in his statements. I don’t understand why he cares so much if other people are truly happy or if they’re just faking. If he truly can’t find anything in the world to make him happy, then he sounds depressed to me. And according to him, depressed people should all hang themselves. He seems to be writing just to get a reaction from people. I understand everyone is entitled to the first amendment; I just don’t understand why you’d waste it writing blogs and articles you don’t even believe yourself.

No comments: