Sunday, September 30, 2007

Who would make a better president Bush or a box of Tic-Tacs? An objective analysis.

Because this was the first time I had ever been on this site, I decided to read several different articles before I chose which one to comment on. And let me just say, Maddox is certainly hilarious. This article concentrated on the pros and cons of George W. Bush as president vs. Tic-Tacs. I was actually surprised to find that Maddox didn’t use any vulgar language in this one, which may be part of the reason why I liked this one the best and why I respect his opinions more.

His point came across very well: I really hate Bush, and here’s why. From saying Bush “Causes unprecedented world-wide support to turn against the U.S. with inflammatory rhetoric and borderline imperialism,” while a box of Tic-Tacs “Just sits there,” to saying Bush “Has about 20% body fat,” while Tic-Tacs have “Only one and a half calories,” he lets his opinions and ideas known without being too harsh and disrespectful about it.

I really liked his style of comparing Bush to an inanimate object. His evaluation of our current president is quite valid, and he presents it in such a way that is both humorous and very appealing to his audience, not to mention it’s easy to read and follow. It’s short and to the point.

And if all of these comparisons don’t convince you, you can always cast your vote for who would make a better president at the bottom of the page. Currently, Tic-Tacs are in the lead 70% to Bush’s 30%.

No comments: