Monday, September 3, 2007

The Hours by Jason

Even though I have seen the move, I have forgotten how the director displayed different things. If I were to make the movie The Hours, I would shoot the movie similarly to Donnie Darko, depicted “dark” in some parts of the movie, but normal in others. The cast for the movie would not be an all star cast. I would want actors that haven’t really done big deal movies. For Virginia I would use someone that would be really skinny and frail; reading about her in the book gives me that idea, she is taking medication and has some sickness. Mrs. Dalloway I picture as a woman of larger build, not really big, but about a medium size. Her daughter Julia would be shot as somewhat of an emo girl. Mrs. Brown would be depicted as the cliché 50’s woman would, petite frame, short hair and always wearing dresses. Richard I see as very pale, scrawny and fragile. Portraying the various scene changes, character interations and symbols of the movie would be really hard to do. I picture the events in the movie unfolding with a fulltime narrator, similar to the Grinch. Although the narrator would probably dim down the seriousness of the movies, I think it is somewhat necessary to portray the thought process of each character. I believe that a large portion of that book lies in the thoughts of the characters. The way the chapters change from, time period to time period, would be depicted by a simple scene change, like the Star Wars movies. The Symbols like the flowers or the bird, would need some sort of emphasis put on them, I think I would have longer than normal still shots on each particular symbol.

No comments: