Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Some words on the subject of some things.

English has always been a passion of mine. Not just the language, although it being the only one I can speak fluently I've become quite a zealot of it's proper use. Books have always been treasures to me, and I can read some books repeatedly without ever getting bored of them, (anything by Neil Gaiman or Douglas Adams.) My dream has always been to become a famous writer, or if not a famous one, than a great underrated one. My only problem is that I'm never satisfied with my work, and end up giving up before the end.

I've had many English classes; all of them were enjoyable to me, but none of them were challenging. Don't get me wrong; I'm as lazy as they come. It's great to be able to glide through life, but sometimes you have to step up and do something that really challenges you if you ever want to become a better person. With me already being a pretty great person, I figured I'd go for the gusto and become the best person. Ever.

I'm looking forward to reading virtually all of these books. I've heard V for Vendetta in graphic novel form is at least a billion times better than the movie. Fight club should be good, because there's nothing wrong with organizations OR fighting. The hours sounds like a book about time, and I totally enjoy time. Brokeback Mountain is one that I haven't heard much about, except that it's about cowboys, and what could be wrong with that?!

No comments: