Sunday, August 26, 2007

Expressions from a Troubled Mind

As I browsed through various Myspace users, I looked for a page that conveyed a clear message. I wanted something that expressed feelings, lifestyle, and view on life. After a few minutes of this I stumbled upon a page that does exactly that.
The owner of the page I reviewed assuredly was attempting to send a message and convey his feelings to the world. From the very beginning I could tell that this man needed light in his life. His username of “Tainted Soul” sends a message saying that he feels some sort of guilt or at least acknowledges some sort of wrongdoing in his life, but this is only the beginning. The second thing that jumped out to me as I viewed his page was a symbol that he used as his background image. This image contained a few mysterious items such as a snake, a throwing star, and some sort of sharp bladed weapons. The snake is intertwined around the other items. To me this says that the owner of the page might enjoy violent, magical, or mysterious subjects. Everything on his whole page depicts feelings of death, darkness, and depression. His icon is a black heart, symbolizing a possible relationship gone astray or just a general description of his heart condition. The pictures that have been added contain dragons, mythical creatures, and snakes, again pointing to a sort of dark lifestyle or pleasures, and in his section titled “Interests” he lists many things, among them being “thinking of ways to commit the perfect murder.”
The author of the page also has written a poem that speaks volumes about his views on life. His poem says, “I sit here lonely in my chair. Looking over the pieces of the puzzle of my life…..I put them together and what do i see? A picture of me and my shattered dreams.” Clearly the author is disappointed with the way that his life has turned out thus far and depressed about his condition.
A final thing that I noted about this page, and thus the author of this page, is that his last date of logging in was today. This tells me that he is likely a frequent user. In turn I jump to the conclusion that it is important for him to send this dark, depressed, and mysterious message to his friends. To me, he is crying out for help, and I pray that someday he finds it and is rescued from his present mindset.

No comments: