Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Clifton Barney's expectations for Eng 108

First day of college classes have began. English 108 was the third installation in one of the most memorable days I will ever have. To some, the rainy day foreshadowed arduous labor and “wasted” time otherwise known as their academic school year. To me, the academic school year is a chance to excel, creating a foundation for a bright future and exploring the many career options presented for all of us at Purdue University. I chose to enroll in English 108 because of my previous exposure to IB English all four years of high school and my SAT scores. My English teachers in past years have always ranked among my favorites; so far this year seems to play follow the leader. Branches of English sit amongst the highest possible majors for me along with mechanical and aeronautical engineering. I enjoy writing poetry almost as much as I enjoy flight and computer drawing. Writing has always been a tool I used to express my deepest feelings, usually metaphorical. In taking this class, I hope to better my writing and polish my reading comprehension skills by gaining a greater sense of structure as well as experiencing a variety of new points of views. I can use this class as motivation and I anticipate a strong influence from great minds that may wane my feelings in engineering and send me down the boulevard of literature and creative writing. I am excited about all of the novels we will read and discuss because they all seem to be somewhat controversial, which mean more class discussion!

No comments: