Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Expectations for 108

First of all I hope this will be accepted a few hours late considering I didn't have the link until today and my classes ended at 6:30.
To tell the truth, my hopes were low walking in to a 100 level composition class. Over the last two years I've taken some interesting courses that have involved a great deal of writing including creative writing, American literature, world literature, and two history courses that were graded entirely through essay. Just the title English composition is much more ambiguous than those classes, so I expected the class to be a loose mix of them all.
So far I'm pretty excited about the upcoming events in our class. I will enjoy discussing the particular issues surrounding Fight Club (can't figure out underline) and V for Vendetta because I know many people who have seen these movies, yet very few who can discuss either of their deeper meanings. I saw the films first and then read the book and graphic novel. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in film, which leads me to my next question which is completely fine if it doesn't get answered, but I rarely get a good discussion about movies. When asked what your favorite movies were, Mr. Severe, you responded with The Goodfellas and True Romance. I'm not being negative about the films, I'm just curious as to why they are your favorites. I enjoyed both of them and would like to know why they stick out in your mind.

Nick Waldschmidt

No comments: