Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Composition

I am a junior studying Political Science in the school of Liberal Arts. As English 106/108 is required of Liberal Arts students it seems I had no choice but to enroll in one of the two. In high school I was an honor student and completed A.P. composition. I am an honor student here at Purdue as well so I thought it logical to take this more challenging course.
I expect to sharpen my writing skills throughout this course. Politicians must be able to articulate their aims and platforms flawlessly. The ability to write pieces which are both compelling and intelligible is necessary. I was ready for a challenge when I signed up for this course and it appears it will be.
I am anxious to begin exploring the concept of voice throughout this course, and I am excited about our material. All of these novels/ films seem like important works and they will be new to me. I look forward to studying this aspect of composition, voice, in depth whereas previously it was only touched on in my studies.
I hope to leave this class a better writer and also a better thinker.

No comments: