Saturday, August 25, 2007

Myspace: Creatively Expressing Yourself to the Millions

Myspace, the website that that lets you creatively express yourself to millions of people, has become increasingly popular over the past few years. Browsing through peoples profiles you can gain a fairlygood sense of who they are. After ananlyzing one of the millions of profiles on myspace, I believe I gained an accurate sense of who she was.

I analyzed the profile of a 16 year old girl from Orlando, Florida. The first thing I looked at on her profile were her pictures. They were mostly of her friends and her boyfriend. Almost all the pictures were fun; everyone was smiling and or making goofy faces. This gave me the sense that the girl was very playful and full of life. I did not see any provocative picuters or pictures of her drinking. This makes me assume that she is a smart girl, who does not want to protray herself negatively over the internet.

The next thing I analyzed was the color scheme of her page. The colors that made up her page were very bright and girly; lots of pinks, greens, yellows, and blues. The color scheme enforced my notion that she is fun loving and possibly flamboyant. I even started to get the sense that she might not take things too seriously.

After ananlyzing the color scheme of her page I read her blogs. Most of them were original peoms dedicated to her boyfriend, friends and family. From this I deduced that these were the most important people in her life. The poems also lead me to believe she was creative and viewed life from a unique stance.

Her profile song was "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston. From her profile song I assume that she might be arrogant or very confident. Its hard to deduce which one without personally knowing her. However, the song is very upbeat annd catchy. This reinforces my notion that the she is a fun person who absolutely loves life.

Although it is not possble to know everything about a person from myspace, it is possible to get a fairly good of the basic outline of their personality. I may not know the girl I analyzed, but from her profile I got the impression that she was fun loving, girly, dedicated to her family and friends, loving, and care free. My impression of her may be completely wrong, but that is the image she protrayed to the world. This is why Myspace can be a dangerous friend. Although being a member of myspace gives you access to express yourself to millions of people, most of these people will never personall meet you. What you put on your page is what people will judge you by. Althgough I have never meet to girl I analyzed, from her page I have already pre-judged her. Although my judgements may be wrong, I will never know because I will probably never meet her. Therefore, it is extremely important to protray yourself positively over Myspace, because you never know who is judging you from your page.

No comments: