Sunday, August 26, 2007

No Puedo Vivir Sin Ti

"No puedo vivir sin ti" is Spanish for "I cannot live without you."

I was drawn to this person's MySpace page for two reasons: The Spanish title caught my eye and I found the background fascinating. The creator of this page is a 19 year old woman, yet has a picture of a sexy model in lingerie with a provocative look for her background. I found this to be odd, as I thought that for the most part males would have such backgrounds. I thought this woman may be homosexual, but in her bio section she says she is straight. Also, she is pictured hugging her husband (I assume, as she says she is married and the title of the page suggests this.)

Compared to other MySpace pages I browsed, I found this page to be very simple but still just as difficult to read as any other. While the page lacks a very busy background, the transparency of the text boxes still makes the site painful to look at. I find that this is the case with nearly all Myspace pages and is one of the main reasons I do not use the site. The site itself is very lacking in any depth, as she hardly lets on to anything about herself on the page. Aside from the details section there is little else besides a song (which won't seem to load.)

On to the analysis: From the site's name and overall theme I can tell that this person is very much in love (or at least wants to appear to be) with her husband. The color scheme of purple and gold clashes somewhat (unless you happen to be a Laker fan) but gives off a female tone. Of course the main source of this tone is the background. While this is certainly not a photo of the actual woman, I believe it lends itself to describing how she perceives herself or how she wishes to be perceived by others. Still, I cannot stand how the actual page content is so difficult to read against the background. I find that this speaks ill of her effort in creating the page in that she did not bother to at least make the page readable. I find myself scrolling up down to get the text in the black margins to read it.

Overall, I would say that this person is using her MySpace page as less of a way to express herself so much as to simply stay connected with friends through the messaging system. Her page itself seems to be an homage to her relationship with her husband. Perhaps her background isn't for her so much as it is for him to look at.

No comments: