Monday, October 8, 2007

"Home is Where the Heart is"

"Home is where the heart is. "I never understood that phrase until now. When I first came to Purdue it was the first time I had been away from home for a long period of time. I was excited, apprehensive and hopeful. Most of all I was ready to spread my wings and see how well I could handle it. Never being away from home I couldn't wait to get away! I just knew that anywhere had to be better than staying in my home town. Also, I was ready to meet new people and see new things. However, once I got to Purdue I realized that I could never call it home. I began to miss my family and firends from home. I also began to realize how important they were in my life.

When I came home after a month of being away I never thought that my hometown could look so beautiful. I realized that as much as I wanted to move away, going back home doesn't seem so bad when you've been gone for a while. Not only do I appreciate my my home more, but I have alsor ealized that being away has even improved my relationship with my parents. Like most teenagers, in high school my parents and I fought frequently. However, I feel closer to them now than ever before. I depend on them to give me the support and love I need to make it through school.

Although it is always wonderful to come home on holiday weekends, I absolutley love being in college way to much to ever consider moving back home. Also, being away has made me appreciate my family even more. I 've relaized that no matter where I go or how long Im gone, home will always be where my heart is.

No comments: