Monday, October 8, 2007

ESPN consumes my life.

Screw ESPN. I hate it. I love it, it's great, I watch it all the time, and therefore I hate it.

Instead of watching something informative or intriguing I find myself constantly hanging on every word that spews from the lips of ESPN pundits and sportswriters. This amazing cable network is entirely devoted to sports. How awesome is that? There are so many better things I could do with my time than watch ESPN or visit ESPN.com, but instead, I watch ESPN. Even cartoon network can attain the level of thought-provoking television that ESPN reaches.

This entire past week I was utterly devoted to this network in anticipation of the Purdue-OSU game. All of that time devoted, and we lose. No matter how much time I may take to read and watch, none of it makes any difference in what I care about. The games will be played, and teams will win and lose. ESPN's analysis and coverage makes no difference in the outcome, so why should I bother watching?

All of that emotion invested in a game, and we get dominated. Screw it, I am not going to put that much into a Purdue sport ever again. Most of the time, I'm going to be disappointed. Fortunately, we lost this week, so I doubt I'll be watching so much ESPN this week. Okay, so maybe I don't hate ESPN so much as I am extremely disappointed in the outcome of this weekend's game. I stayed at school for two extra days for this game! I could have gone home on Friday!

At least the Colts are still undefeated, for as long as that lasts. Of course, the longer it lasts, the more I'll be watching freaking ESPN.

No comments: