Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fight Club- Give it a Chance

I saw Fight Club for the first time about a year ago. I had heard all about for years, but the title itself just wasn’t appealing to me. I mean… a movie about fighting? That sounds like a lot of violence, pain, and blood and I had no interest in viewing all of that. But when I did finally did see it, I was at a birthday party surrounded by people who had all seen it before. And I have to admit, that night, I was totally lost as I watched the movie. I could not keep track of what was going on. And by the end of it, all of my friends asked me, “Wasn’t it good?” And I had to tell them, “Actually, I really don’t get what all the hype is about.”

Maybe it’s because I’ve read the book that the movie is easier to follow, or maybe it’s just the fact that I’m seeing it for a second time, but it is so much more interesting the second time around. And, when I watched it before, I didn’t get the overall message at all. To me, it was still just a film about fighting. Now I see exactly what the point of the story is, and because of this, I do enjoy it. Now I completely see what all the hype is about. This isn’t just a book/movie about hitting someone as hard as you can. It’s so much more than that, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It may take more than one try to really understand all of the hidden messages, but it is so worth reading/watching.

No comments: