Saturday, December 1, 2007

Nathan Hartman's Postseason Ramblings

I truly enjoyed taking English 108 this semester with you all. This was a great class and one of my favorite's throughout the semester. Richard and the rest of my fellow students made this class the great experience it was though their unique and open perspectives. Studying and analyzing with everyone was my biggest draw to this class. As many of you know by now, there are a lot of classes you do not want to go to, but fortunately, English 108 was just the opposite.

All of the books we read were enjoyable. Could be that I just like reading, but these were really enjoyable books. My favorite overall experience would probably be V for Vendetta, but Brokeback Mountain was definitely attractive in its different theme. I had never seen the film in the past, and never really felt the need to. However, I now consider it one of the better sentimental films I've seen in recent memory.

Richard did a great job in instructing this class. Class discussions were great and he made a good effort to try to hear everyone's opinion and spark interest and debate in the topics. I really enjoyed discussing all of the novels and films with the class. Everyone was very respectful of each others' views and arguments. I also enjoyed discussing with the other students outside of class in addition to the classroom setting.

I want to thank you all for making this a great semester. Have a great Christmas break!

No comments: