Saturday, December 1, 2007

Final Thoughts from Emily

To say the least, this class has definitely been an experience. I’ve learned a lot about English and writing, but our class discussions are what I’ve learned the most from and what I’m going to remember. We’ve discussed everything from suicide and homosexuality to terrorism and civil rights. The class environment was a great environment to converse and debate, and I never felt any hostility or insecurity; everyone was really open and willing to listen to everyone else. I really think I’ve learned a lot about the world around me and all the different ways people view it.

I think the topic of rhetorical writing was a great topic for an English class. It has a practical application that can be use for any major, but it also leaves room to have a lot of interesting topics and themes.

The blogs are a great idea. I love how they are so informal and relaxed. I feel like I can really express my views and opinions without worrying about writing it in a super formal, scholarly way.

The only part I really haven’t enjoyed is the actual writing. I can’t help it; I just don’t like it. I have liked the class though and what we have learned about writing, I just hate applying it. But that’s not your fault.

All in all, I’ve just really enjoyed this class and will recommend it to my friends!

No comments: