Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Thoughts

It is so hard for me to believe the semester is almost over! Honestly, I would have to say that I have really enjoyed this class. I won’t lie about it; I never enjoyed English in high school. To me, it was simply another boring and pointless subject I had to get through before I could go home. However, this class was so much better than that. The reading assignments alone were enjoyable enough for me to appreciate the class as a whole. All of my friends were so jealous of me when I was telling them about my experiences with Brokeback Mountain. That was an entertaining week for Brooklyn.

One thing that I really loved about this class was that I learned so much about things I find interesting. There were times when my roommate nicknamed this class “Psychology 101” because of our continual examinations on topics such as gender roles and homosexuality. However, I truly enjoyed the analysis and discussion we had in class as well as on our blogs. They truly made me think about issues in society and current events in ways that I had never thought about before. I feel like I have learned more about myself and society through this class than I have in all of my other classes combined.

As far as Mr. Severe is concerned, I have nothing but positive feedback. No, I am not trying to suck up; I really think he did an excellent job as our professor for this class. I like how he had a sense of humor and was generally fun to be around but demanded respect at the same time. I thought all of our assignments were interesting and relevant to our discussions and the class as a whole. I usually do not enjoy writing, but I loved how almost all of our writing assignments were assigned in a way in which we could be creative and write about what interests us.

Therefore, on a scale from 1 to 10, this class gets a 9.6.

No comments: