Saturday, December 1, 2007

English 108

Coming into English 108, I though it would be a typical English class. However, I was in for a pleasant surprise. This class was run unlike any other I had experienced before. We dealt with controversial topics and had class discussion that were certainly out of the norm. It kept the class extremely interesting and unpredictable. Overall, English 108 was a refreshing break from the monotony of my other classes this semester.


One of my favorite things about the class was the discussions. It was always fascinating to see the different views others had on certain topics. The discussions were also successful because they would just flow. We would start talking about one topic of the reading and the conversation would just naturally lead into another aspect of the reading. Also, the fact that the class was advanced aided in the depth of the discussions, which allowed me to get more out of them.

Another aspect of the class that made it appealing was the movies that we watched. In my previous English classes we dealt with only the book version of the text. However, by reading the book and watching the movies I was able to get two perspectives of the text. This allowed me to get more out of each book we read in class.

Over the course of this semester I learned so much in English 108. The unconventional approach to the class not only made it interesting, but it also allowed me to see other aspects of literature. As a result, I feel that I have improved on my writing and learned how to better analyze different texts.

No comments: